I believe :
God is the great physician
· (Exodus 15:26 “For I am the Lord, who heals you.”), and that He is in control of ALL things (Isiah 48:17 Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.
· I will instruct you and teach you in the way should go; I will guide you with My eye. (Psalm 32:8)
· For this is God, our God forever and ever; He will be our guide even to death. (Psalm 48:14)
That life begins at conception.
Jeremiah 1:5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.
Psalm 139:13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother’s womb.
~ The mother and you the father have been given this gift of this little one, and it is up to you to learn all you can about your pregnancy and birth. You both are in charge of the decisions. I as a midwife may suggest and guide.
· Prenatal care should begin early. Healthy moms and babies prenatally results in healthy moms and babies at birth.
· Giving birth is a family event. You should educate yourself about pregnancy and birth and make informed decisions. Where you give birth and with whom you choose to have attend your birth is your personal choice and you have the right to make this choice.
· Pregnancy and birth is not a illness or medical event.
· How you birth this little one, as a safe and gentle birth, will have an impact on his/her life.
· How you care for yourself during this pregnancy will affect the health of this little one, and the birth process.
· I believe that Our Father, Son and Holy Spirit are in control and I am their servant.
My Philosophy of Care
“Unfortunately, the role of obstetrics has never been to help women give birth. There is a big difference between the medical discipline we call “obstetrics’ and something completely different, the art of midwifery. If we want to find safe alternatives to obstetrics, we must rediscover midwifery. To rediscover midwifery is the same as giving back childbirth to women. And imagine the future if surgical teams were at the service of the midwives and the women instead of controlling them.”
~I believe that Midwives who do out of hospital births, should be trained in emergency skills such as Neonatal resuscitation, Adult CPR and youth CPR skills.
I also believe that they should keep their skills current in emergency preparations such what is taught in the B.E.S.T. class and other emergency skills classes.